Along with National guidelines we have introduced social distancing measures across the practice. We ask all patients to familiarise themselves with these measures so we can work together to make our practice as safe as possible.
These measures include:
- A phone call the day before your appointment to ask a few questions regarding your health status.
- We ask you to call us when you arrive in the car park on 057 8662111. This helps us bring you into the building safely as reception can be a busy.
- We ask you to minimise the belongings you bring with you.
- We ask you to remove gloves and hand sanitise or wash your hands on arrival.
- We will take your temperature on arrival.
- You may be asked to wait for a brief period in our spacious waiting room. Chairs are distanced at well over 2 metres and there is plenty of natural ventilation. Chairs are sanitised after every use.
- You will be shown from the waiting room to the surgery.
- You will be asked to place your belongings in a sanitised box.
- You will be asked to remove your mask if you are wearing one and to hand sanitise again before entering the surgery.
- We ask you to make payment by card wherever possible.
There are several emergency appointments scheduled each day, however demand is high.
When you book your appointment you will be asked for a deposit. This applies to all patients whether you are a private patient or avail of state schemes. We ask for 30 hours notice should you need to cancel or rearrange your appointment. If you do not attend, cancel or change your appointment within the 30 hour period your deposit will be retained by the dentist. By operating this scheme it has allowed us to minimise downtime for our surgeries and maintain our prices. We appreciate your understanding.
We are looking forward to continuing to welcome back our patients over the coming months.
Stay safe and keep washing your hands!